SharePoint Online makes it easier than ever to share ideas and keep track of what your colleagues are working on. You can tap into the knowledge of specialists from right across your organisation and discover connections to information and people you never knew existed.
SharePoint makes it easy to store, sync and share all your important docs. A new, simplified user experience helps you streamline common tasks and create sites to keep teams in sync. New work management capabilities help you organise all your tasks from across SharePoint, Project and Outlook with indicators to help you prioritise your work. Developers can build modern apps and designers can build eye-catching websites.
With SharePoint, Microsoft is redefining collaboration and document management and providing you with a new way to work together.
Top 10 new and improved features in SharePoint 2013:
- A new and simplified user experience: Drag and drop content into document libraries, see live previews of your content, edit lists inline and create sites in a few simple clicks. SharePoint puts you in control.
- Put social to work: New social features let you share what you are working on, ask questions and keep track of what your colleagues are doing. SharePoint puts social to work.
- Grow your network: New search profile features help you connect with people across your organisation and easily discover interests, past projects and documents they have worked on. SharePoint helps you find answers to questions and discover experts you never knew existed.
- Store and sync your documents: OneDrive Pro syncs your content in SharePoint to your desktop, so if you are working remotely or about to jump on a plane, your docs are just a mouse click away. SharePoint keeps your content in sync from virtually anywhere.
- Share your stuff: Sharing documents from Office or OneDrive for Business with people inside and outside your organisation puts working together with anyone just a couple of clicks away. SharePoint helps you get stuff done.
- Keep your teams in sync: Set up a new team site in minutes with wizards built into SharePoint to help you set permissions, track meeting notes and bring together all your team’s email and documents in one place. SharePoint makes teamwork easy.
- Keep your projects on track: Organise your projects and tasks, giving you a view into upcoming deliverables across SharePoint, Outlook and Project. SharePoint helps you prioritise and get stuff done.
- Find what you are looking for: Quickly customise and narrow your search to deliver more relevant results and also provide recommendations on people and documents to follow. SharePoint makes it easy to discover answers and take action.
- Take SharePoint with you on the go: If you are running from meetings or out of the office you can share documents or update your activity feed from your mobile devices or tablet. SharePoint keeps you connected from virtually anywhere.
- Do more with SharePoint apps: The SharePoint store is an online marketplace to discover and install apps that are designed to work with SharePoint. If you need a specific business solution, the store is just a click away.